Raised so far
Join the #JDRFBlueArmy and become part of a movement to defeat type 1 diabetes (T1D). Raise funds and awareness for T1D and get ready to take on a once-in-a-lifetime experience by challenging yourself to a tandem skydive!
Ready to take the plunge? It's simple:
- Register - Choose to register as an individual or in a team.
- Fundraise - Share your fundraising page with your friends, family and colleagues to raise the minimum target of $1,500.
- Jump - Once you reach the fundraising target, your local JDRF team member will contact you to book your jump time on JDRF Takes Over The Sky Day at your states partner venue, where you'll complete your Jump For A Cure! (Your jump, photo and video package all covered).
JDRF is taking over the sky at our partner locations (locations and dates listed in FAQ).
If you've missed your states event, fill out the EOI below to be the first to know about Jump 2023!
Register now to lock in your spot and help us turn #typeonetotypenone
Leaderboard - Individuals
Leaderboard - Teams
- Jaxson just donated $1.48
- Price Family just donated $26.38
- Cherelle just donated $105.50
- Teena just donated $27.43
- Poppie/Granma just donated $250
- Vanessa Deegan just donated $31.65
- Brohdi Woods just donated $70
- Patricia Bartlett just donated $52.75
- Anonymous just donated $79.13
- Kathy n Mike Wilson just donated $105.50
- fiona just donated $26.38
- Alan Mac just donated $105.50
- Ruth & Dean Burton just donated $52.75
- Nikki Varone just donated $52.75
- Quarmby family just donated $105.50
- Emma, Mick & Phoebe just donated $105.50
- Indi Garmony just donated $5
- Lynette Barbary just donated $26.38
- Craig Barbary just donated $26.38
- Anonymous just donated $116.05
Thanks to our Jump For a Cure supporters
Jump for A Cure FAQ's
What dates/ locations are available to skydive?
- Newcastle (NSW) May 28th
- St Kilda (Vic) May 22nd
- Rockingham (WA) June 26th
- Semaphore Beach (SA) June 4th
Note: We are able to give you a jump voucher should you not be able to attend on the above date for your location.
- SkyDive Oz: Moruya (NSW)
- Skydive Australia: Noosa (QLD)
- Coastal Skydive: Semaphore Beach (SA)
If you'd like to find out more about Jump 2023, please fill out the Expression of Interest form at the bottom of this page.
What about the weather?
As skydiving is dependent on safe weather conditions, your jump can only be confirmed on the morning of event day. If an event has to be cancelled, we will either re-schedule to a later date, or provide you with a voucher so you can jump at a time of your own choosing.
Is there an age limit?
You must be over the age of 16 and otherwise considered fit and healthy. If under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must be present on the day of the jump.
How long will it take?
Typically the whole experience will be 2 - 3 hours, please allow up to 5 hours in case of weather or aviation delays.
What is included in my dive?
The whole adrenalin-filled experience! Includes tandem skydive from up to 15,000ft, video package and personal certificate of achievement from the venue.
Our SkyDive Australia venues also inclide a 3 month membership with APF (Australian Parachute Federation).
We will also provide you with a JDRF Blue Army shirt and hat.
Are donations tax-deductible?
Yes, all donations over $2 in value are tax-deductible.
What about the paperwork?
You will be provided with a liability waiver from the venue outlining the terms and conditions for your skydive. This is a contract between you and the skydive organisation and please review all clauses when deciding if this activity is right for you.
SkyDive Australia have an additional personal insurance option you can choose to purchase on the day should you choose to.
How can I fundraise?
There’s so many different ways! Most people start by sharing their personal page on social media or via email – but don’t forget to personalise your page first! You can also try more creative methods, and we have some fun ideas, resources, templates and tips online. See them here.
Do I get anything else?
You will receive a free blue army pack with a shirt and cap at your jump day!
Along the way you'll also get:
- Resources and tools
You'll get access to an awesome range of Blue Army resources and tools for your fundraiser!
A personal fundraising page to personalise and share with your friends and family.
Coaching & Support
You'll receive personal support and guidance from the JDRF team.
Is there a weight limit to skydiving?
Weight is an important factor in Skydiving and Aviation. There may be additional surcharges that apply on the day.
SkyDive Australia have the below policy:
94kg – 104kgs = $50.00 AUD
105kg – 114kgs = $75.00 AUD
115kgs and over = $100.00 AUD
You can find out more here - https://www.skydive.com.au/terms-conditions/#:~:text=At%20most%20drop%20zones%2C%20the,they%20wish%20to%20jump%20at.