Terms & Conditions
JDRF Blue Army
Terms and Conditions of Entry
Thank you for being part of the JDRF Australia event to raise money for type 1 diabetes (T1D) research.
This page sets out the Terms and Conditions regarding:
- access to the JDRF Blue Army website, hosted on the Funraisin platform (the Website); and
- participation in the any fundraising events via the Website (including any associated fundraising) (the Event).
Please read this document in full and contact JDRF on 1300 363 126 with any questions. Thank you for your support.
- Part A - Your Personal Details
- Part B - Our Website
- Part C - Our Event
- Part D – Mandatory Risk Warning and Consent to participate
Part A - Your Personal Details
Privacy Collection Statement
- We collect the personal information you provide to us in order to enable us to record your donation and contact you in the future, including in order to inform you about promotions or activities which we think you may be interested in.
- We may disclose your personal information to organisations or individuals who assist us in processing your donation or where you have agreed we may disclose it.
Part B – Our Website
Use subject to Terms and Conditions
- We may amend the Terms and Conditions at any time by posting the amended Terms and Conditions on the Website. The amended Terms and Conditions will be effective immediately and you will be bound by the amended Terms and Conditions from that time. The Terms and Conditions may not be amended other than in accordance with this clause. You should visit this page periodically to review the Terms and Conditions.
- If you breach any of the Terms and Conditions, your right to use and access the Website automatically terminates.
Your information on this Website
- Online registration for our event will result in the registered participant’s name and a personal web page being made publicly available online. Contact details will not be made publicly available.
- Unless marked as anonymous, all online donations towards registered participants will result in the donor’s name being published on the webpage of the participant they have sponsored.
- JDRF reserves the right to remove any material posted to a registered participant’s personal Event web page that is unlawful, objectionable or inappropriate, or which might adversely affect the reputation of JDRF or bring it into disrepute.
- All names, logos and trademarks are either property of JDRF Australia or the property of third parties who have contributed to the Website. Nothing on the Website grants any licence or right to use or distribute any name, logo or trademark without express written agreement.
- The content of this Website, including all information such as text, graphics, images and other material is protected by copyright law. You may only use the Website material for the purpose of participating in the Event.
Restrictions on use
- The Website is available only for your personal and non-profit use for the purpose of participating in the Event.
- You must not
- post or allow to be posted on your personal Event web page any material that is unlawful, objectionable or inappropriate, infringes the rights of any person, or which might adversely affect the reputation of JDRF or bring it into disrepute. You must notify JDRF as soon as you become aware of any such material;
- transmit or attempt to transmit any data, code or other material of any kind to the Website which contains a virus or other harmful component.
- JDRF has taken reasonable care to ensure the information on this Website is accurate and complete as at the date of publication, however it is provided on an is basis without any warranties of any kind on our part. JDRF disclaims all warranties to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- JDRF does not warrant that any products or services advertised on the Website will be available.
- JDRF does not warrant that the Website will operate error free or that the Website and its servers are free of computer viruses and other harmful data, code, components or other material.
Limitation of liability
- Neither JDRF, its officers, employees, contractors, volunteers, sponsors or agents is liable for any loss or damage, direct, indirect or consequential, that you incur through your use of the Website or participation in the Event.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or limits the application of any provision of any statute where to do so would contravene that statute or cause any part of these Terms and Conditions to be void.
Part C – Fundraising Events
Conditions of entry
- Fundraising activities organised by third party organisations or individuals may be cancelled at the organiser’s discretion
- Fundraising activities that do not adhere to the Charity’s Act or are found to be in breach of the terms within this document, may be cancelled at JDRF’s discretion;
- You must comply with national and state public health orders as dictated by the relevant local, state and federal government policies, and under accepted COVID safe guidelines.
- You acknowledge and agree to maintain full responsibility to be aware of and adhere to any changes implemented around COVID-19 practices and restrictions in your local government area, relevant state or territory, and Australia wide via reputable websites such as the Australian Government website or contact the Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080 (operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week).
- You acknowledge that you are responsible for your own health and safety at all relevant times before, during and after participation in the Event and you agree to take all reasonable precautions to protect yourself from any risks of participation, including, but not limited to, selecting a virtual course that is safe and complies with your latest personal health advice and ensuring that any equipment you use to participate, such as a treadmill, is in good working order and fit for purpose. JDRF recommends that you inform a support person of your intention to participate and the details of any virtual route prior to participating, that you carry a mobile phone and write your emergency contact details down.
- In the event that indoor equipment is used to participate in any JDRF fundraising activity including but not limited to a treadmill or stationary bicycle, You agree to ensure that any and all equipment is in good working condition, fit-for-purpose, properly maintained and meets all relevant safety requirements under applicable law.
- You acknowledge and agree at all times to these Terms and applicable law, JDRF will not be liable for any injury, damage, loss or otherwise resulting from Your participation in a JDRF fundraising activity.
- You release JDRF (including its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, contractors, sponsors and/or agents) from any claim and from any liability (to the maximum extent permitted by law) for, or as a result of, any loss, injury or damage suffered by you in relation to your participation in the Event, however caused.
JDRF Fundraising Incentives
- Registered participants who raise more than the publicly published amount in AUD will receive the advertised merchandise while stocks last. Entry is open to registered participants in Australia who raise the target AUD amount on their personal Event web page
- T-shirt sizes will be as available and until run out. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable. Prize is subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The promoter is JDRF Australia Limited, ABN 40 002 286 553.
- Subject to these Terms and applicable law, you remain responsible for your own health and safety at all relevant times before, during and after any remote, off-site, online or virtual JDRF Event
- JDRF recommends informing friends and family of your intentions to participate and the details of any virtual route prior to participating in any Virtual JDRF Event and you agree to carry out all reasonable and necessary precautions in relation to your participating including but not limited to carrying a mobile phone and writing your emergency contact details down.
- You acknowledge and agree that you remain at all times responsible for selecting a virtual course that is safe and complies with your latest personal health advice as well as any broader advice or restrictions referred to in the preceding paragraph in relation to any Virtual JDRF Event.
Part D – Mandatory Risk Warning and Consent to Participate
JDRF provides the following risk warning pursuant to its obligations under the Civil Liability Act, 2002:
RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES ARE DANGEROUS AND INVOLVE A SIGNIFICANT RISK OF PHYSICAL HARM OR PERSONAL INJURY INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY AND/OR DEATH TO PARTICIPANTS. ANY SUCH INJURY MAY RESULT NOT ONLY FROM YOUR ACTIONS BUT FROM THE ACTION, OMISSION OR NEGLIGENCE OF OTHERS.
I acknowledge that I will assume all risks in connection with My/My Child’s participation in a JDRF Blue Army activity and acknowledge that JDRF is not liable in respect of these risks materialising,or for the breach of any express or implied warranty that services it provides will be provided with reasonable care and skill.
I acknowledge that children under 16 years old require consent of their parent or guardian before fundraising through Funraisin for the JDRF Blue Army.
By registering as part of JDRF Blue Army:
- I grant permission for My Child who is under 16 years old, to participate in online fundraising through the Funraisin, and agree that I will provide supervision of My Child in compliance with the following rules:
- Children under the age of 16 using Funraisin’s fundraising services must do so under the supervision of an adult;
- Children under the age of 12 using Funraisin’s fundraising services must do so under the direct supervision of an adult;
- Children under the age of 6 using Funraisin’s fundraising services must do so under the direct supervision of a parent or guardian, and
- I grant full permission for the organiser to use photographs taken of Me/My Child and quotations noted from Me/My Child in legitimate accounts and promotions of this event.
- I agree to surrender all monies collected for the JDRF Blue Army by Me/My Child to JDRF within 3 months of the final activity date
In consideration for, and as a condition of my/my child’s participation in the JDRF Blue Army:
- I warrant that I/My Child am/is medically fit to participate in a JDRF Blue Army activity; and
- I agree that I/My Child will abide by the rules and conditions of the JDRF Blue Army including verbal or written instructions; and
- I, on behalf of myself and on behalf of My Child, waive, release and discharge all and any claim, right or cause of action however arising JDRF and their employees, officers, and related bodies (collectively, “Released Persons”) including from any negligent act or omission of any person, whether or not presently ascertained, immediate, future or contingent, which I or My Child may otherwise have for or arising out of loss of My/My Child’s life or injury, damage or loss of any description whatsoever and howsoever caused which I/My Child may suffer or sustain in the course of or consequent upon My/My Child’s participation in the JDRF Blue Army. This waiver, release and discharge shall so operate whether or not the loss, injury or damage is due or attributable to an act, neglect or omission (including from any negligent act or omission of any person) of any one or more of the Released Persons and may be pleaded as a complete bar to any claim against any or each of the Released Persons.